We deliver an elite basketball experience within a college setting, maximising students sporting and social development.
We operate an education first ethos, ensuring students fulfil both their academic and basketball potential.
Students study the BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport (equivalent to 3 A-levels) alongside their basketball provision.
Basketball training takes place 4x per week within college hours, with fixtures taking place on Wednesday afternoons in English Colleges League/Cup.
The Basketball Player Pathway Programme is designed to...
1. Identify and develop talented basketball players.
2. Provide playing pathways for players into clubs.
3. Support students pathway into the sports industry into careers such as coaching, personal training, sports therapy and sports development etc
4. Provide a pathway into higher education at University.
1. Anatomy and Physiology (exam)
2. Fitness Training and Programming... (exam)
5. Application of Fitness Testing
7. Practical Sports Performance
17. Sports Injury Management
18. Work Experience in Active Leisure
25. Rules, Regulations...
3. Professional Development in the Sports Industry
4. Sports Leadership
8. Coaching for Performance
9. Research Methods in Sport
19. Development and Provision of Sport... (exam)
22. Investigating Business... (exam)
23. Skill Acquisition in Sport
How to apply:
If you would like to apply to be part of the St Brendan's Basketball Academy, click on the pink APPLY NOW button at the bottom of this page and complete the application form.
In the section headed YOUR SUBJECT CHOICES select in the Subject 1 dropdown: Basketball Elite Academy Sport Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma.
You do not have to select a course from any of the other dropdowns as this course is the equivalent of 3 A-levels.