Sports at St Brendan's
Welcome to the St Brendan's Sports Union!
Sport and exercise here at the college has undergone a revolution over the last two years with the rebranding of the area allowing us to become a sports family, providing opportunity for all members of our college community to play a part at both active and participation based levels.
Within the Sports Union we have a clear vision for each and every person that is in association with our college, quite simply we want you all to 'Fulfil Your Ambition' and if sport can play a part in that then we are pleased to help.
Our students benefit from receiving outstanding teaching and learning across the largest range of courses in the South West whilst combining their studies with excellent sporting and fitness opportunities.
Our state of the art sports facilities allow for all students to push themselves to be the best that they can be, in an environment that allows those at the upper levels of competitive play to fulfil their potential, whilst those who simply wish to improve and maintain their health and learn new skills can do so in a relaxed and welcoming environment.
Our facilities include:
- 30m x 32m fully sprung indoor sports hall for netball, basketball, handball, volleyball and Futsal amongst many other sports
- Access to 12 3G five-a-side pitches
- Use of full-size floodlit 3G football/rugby pitches through our partner clubs
- Free use of the Functional Fitness Gym facility
- Cricket training facilities with our partners at Brislington CC
- multi-station gymnasium and weights room
- aerobics/dance studios
- Boxing Academy and boxing gym in association with our partners at Olympia Boxing
- Sports therapy support network