In November 2018, St Brendan's joined the global, prestigious network of Pasch Schools.
Pasch stands for 'Schools Partners for the Future Initiative' and was launched by the German government in 2008. The goal of the Pasch network is to provide students and teachers with lasting qualifications and to form a long-term international learning community.
The initiative promotes exchange between the Pasch schools abroad, as well as between schools in the initiative and those in Germany. Pasch partners work closely with the prestigious Goethe Institute, which offers internationally recognised qualifications in German. There are only 8 Pasch schools in the United Kingdom and St Brendan's is the only Sixth Form College in the country to be awarded this status.
The advantages of PASCH status
- Schools involved are closely networked together and maintain partnerships with schools and higher education institutions in Germany
- The students become part of a global community of learners
- Many school-leavers remain in contact through the PASCH Alumni network
- Pasch school students find it easier to enter German universities and companies
Students at St Brendan's have already started reaping the benefits of the multitude of opportunities that the initiative brings with it:
- St Brendan's is the only Sixth Form College in the UK which offers the Goethe-Zertifikat B1 qualification
- Two of our German A-level students represented the UK in a European seminar in Berlin last November. They were hosted by German young people and their families. This was a great opportunity to meet young people from all over Europe and gain firsthand experience of the German language and culture.
- Both a German A-level and Goethe-Zertifikat student have recently been awarded summer scholarships through the initiative. They will both be spending three weeks in Duderstadt this summer.
We are hugely excited to be working closely with the Pasch Network and the Goethe Institut and are very much looking forward to the range of opportunities that this initiative will bring with it for our students.