We are proud of our extensive curriculum which continues to expand every year.
We offer a range of courses for students of all abilities and encourage all members of the St Brendan's community to be involved in the Language Centre. To this end, we offer:
- A-level courses in the three languages most sought after by British employers namely, French, German and Spanish.
- We offer an additional course in the German language; the Goethe-Zertifikat B1. This internationally recognised qualification is aimed at those students who would like to improve their knowledge of the German language beyond GCSE and make themselves more employable. This course is eighteen months long and can be taken alongside A-level courses.
- A one year additional qualification in French - the /404Global Business Communication (French). This is a Level 2 vocational MFL qualification, which enables students to apply their language skills to real life employment situations. This course can be completed alongside A-level courses.
- We have a Community Languages programme for bilingual students.
- Through our Academic English programme we provide one to one support for thsoe students for whom English is not their first language.