Your Careers Entitlement and our Commitment to you
All learners in the College will take part in a careers education programme that will help them understand their career options and encourage them to reach their full potential in the progression to Further or Higher Education, apprenticeships or employment.
The programme will enable students to:
- Develop the skills they need to plan and manage their own personal development
- Experience the world of work through a work placement, insight event or employer talk
- Be given direct access to employers, training providers and Higher Education institutions
- Identify their transferable skills required for the world of work and HE
- Receive high quality face-to-face information, advice and guidance
- Receive high quality resources that will help their career decision-making & planning
- Be given personal support with their applications to HE or Employment
- To feedback their views on the quality of the careers programme.
The Careers Programme
Our careers programme is structured around the 17 desirable learning outcomes from The Career Development Institute framework for careers, employability and enterprise education.
Click HERE for an overview of our careers support, activities and events for 2022 - 23
Students can expect:
- Access to a dedicated careers office, in an easily accessible area and open during college hours.
- Impartial advice and guidance
- Confidential advice and guidance
- Personalised support
- Guidance which is supportive of equal opportunities and free from stereotyping
- Up-to-date and accurate information, advice and guidance
- Provided by professionally trained Careers Advisers
Parents or Carers can expect:
- To be able to make an appointment to discuss their son or daughter’s career options
- To receive invitations to take part in careers related events
- To be informed about opportunities that their son or daughter can access
- To receive important information about UCAS and student finance
- To have the opportunity to feedback their views on the quality of the careers programme
Our commitment to you
The College is committed to promoting the value of careers education within the college ethos in order to raise student attainment and successful progression to employment, further or higher education. The College aims to effectively support learners in their choices in order for them to achieve personal and economic wellbeing throughout their lives.This commitment has the full support of the Governors, the Principal and the senior management team.
To read our full careers strategy and committment statement please click below