Students have access to a vast range of electronic and printed journals, books, DVDs as well as further PCs in the Learning Resources Centre.
Learning Resources Centre Aims
- to support and enrich the curriculum in all subject areas
- to support personal development through access to a wide range of materials and media
- to promote the development of study and research skills as a basis for lifelong learning
All staff and students are automatically members of the Centre.
Opening Hours are:
Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm during term time.
Vacation opening times vary and are made available prior to each holiday period.
Help For Students
Learning Resources Centre staff are on hand throughout the day to help you find information, and can demonstrate how to use the online catalogue or any of the other online resources that we provide.
The Learning Resources Centre also manages the College Virtual Learning Environment where you will find materials produced by your teachers to support learning, and links to online information services.
Accommodation and Facilities
The LRC is a large open-plan space that is popular with students wishing to study. Facilities include:
- Over a hundred places for private study
- Quiet and collaborative study areas
- Silent Study room
- Networked computer terminals
- 2 bookable rooms for seminars/group work
- Student printers
We provide access to:
- A wide selection of online databases of journal and magazine articles
- Over 10,000 printed books and a growing number of e-books
- A great selection of Fiction titles and Graphic Novels
- A variety of journals and newspapers
- Over 500 DVDs
Online access (both on-site and external) to:
- LRC catalogue
- College Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Electronic books, journals and databases