County-standard sports hall catering for a very wide range of sports including badminton, basketball and netball. The department also enjoy a fully equipped fitness suite and dance studio for use by specialist courses, and by the whole community for enrichment. The college also has outdoor grass football and rugby pitches.
New Sports Facilities - coming soon:
St Brendan’s Sixth Form College is about to embark on a sports facilities development project with the aim of providing a state of the art facility which can be used in a variety of ways by students and staff at the college and that is open to the community. Initial plans for the development include:
- County standard grass football pitch (full size adult pitch) to include barriers around pitch and RESPECT banners as required by the FA.
- Floodlit 3G pitch (compatible with Football, Rugby and American Football. Pitch dynamics will also allow for several small sided football pitches)
- 3-4 Outdoor Netball Courts (Macadam tarmac)
- 3-4 Outdoor Tennis Courts (Macadam tarmac)
- Cricket nets
- Changing room block (2x changing rooms, lockers for safe storage and toilet area)
- Meeting Room (which has a wide array of uses including: business meeting room; Delivering training courses; Local NHS facility e.g. blood donation centre; post-match teas - to name just a few)
In order to ensure the facility meets the needs of our community we would appreciate your participation in this consultation through completing our short questionnaire via the link below: