The ASPIRE Programme is a bespoke academic and pastoral programme that runs in addition to your other classes.
Its aim is to give you every opportunity to develop your gifts and talents by encouraging you to aspire in your future plans and to grab every opportunity for you to enrich your academic life here at college.
Students accepted onto the ASPIRE Programme will have specialist support for competitive applications including:
- Guidance on personal statements from within College and from universities including Oxbridge and Russell Group institutions
- Help with UCAS applications
- Mock interview practice with staff in College and guest interviewers from industry and universities
- Support with admissions tests from subject specialists
Hear from former student Alice who is now at the University of Oxford studying Psychology about the help that she received on the ASPIRE programme:
Future planning days:
At key points in the year ASPIRE Programme students are given very tailored support for their applications to competitive courses and careers. These are our Future Planning Days. ASPIRE students are given bespoke mock interviews and they get to attend a range of exciting and invaluable talks about university and careers. For example:
- St Brendan's alumni have talked to students about their experiences of the application process and life at Oxbridge and other universities
- The University of Bristol personal statements session
- Talks on a range of competitive career paths such as architecture, midwifery, medicine, engineering and publishing
- The University of Newcastle medicine day