Bristol Authority Key Information

Key information for Bristol residents

Bristol Safeguarding Children's Board

Bristol Keeping Adults Safe

Bristol Keeping Communities Safe


If you have immediate concerns about your own or someone else's safety, call the Police on 999. If it isn't an emergency but you need help fast, call the Police on 101.

If you suspect that an adult in Bristol with care and support needs is being abused of neglected but their health or welfare is not in immediate danger, contact Care Direct here. You will be directed to different forms depending on whether you are a member of the public or a professional.

You can also call Care Direct on 0117 922 2700, 8:30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. There's an answerphone service outside of these hours.

If you have concerns about a care service or provider, visit the Care Quality Commission at


If you're concerned that a child (under 18) is at risk of being abused or neglected contact the First Response Tea, on 0117 903 6444.

Outside of working hours call the Emergency Duty Team on 01454 615 165. 

Adults Working with Children

If you have any concerns about an adult who works with children, contact the Local Authority Designated Officer, Nicola Lairdm on 0117 903 7795. Guidance on how to manage concerns can be found here.